If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Please contact us, so we can help you file your extension of stay with USCIS. Extension of stay may not be filed for certain categories.